Here are some quick-and-dirty instructions for getting 1400x1050 running
on a Toshiba Tecra 8200 with the Trident CyberBlade chipset. Some of this
will apply to anyone wanting to use the Trident CyberBlade chips.
- Make sure you are running XFree86 4.2.0 or higher. If you are unsure, check with your Linux distribution
- Get an updated binary driver from http://www.xfree86.org/~alanh
- Replace your existing driver (make a backup!). It is generally /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/trident_drv.o. If this is not the case
for use, do locate trident_drv.o to find out
- Make sure the driver section of your XF86Config-4 looks something like this
- For 1400x1050, make sure Option "Display1400" is in your Device section
- Restart the x server and enjoy!
BUT you may see your display "shifted" when using 1400x1050. If you do (and even if you don't) please respond to the
survey at http://www.xfree86.org/pipermail/xpert/2002-April/016658.html
back to homepage